- Create three folders named src,mount & usb3 somewhere ie d:\update
- Insert your windows dvd and copy the dvd to d:\update\src
- run cmd as Administrator and do this command
dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:d:\update\src\sources\boot.wim
Check the index nr for the boot option you want to update.
- Then run this command to mount the wim file to the dir d:\update\mount
dism /mount-wim /wimfile:d:\update\src\sources\boot.wim /index:1 /mountdir:d:\update\mount
/index:1 stands for the index nr you found at step nr 3 which means that if you need to update boot option nr 2 you do /index:2 instead
- Then download and unpack your usb3 driver to d:\update\usb3 and run this command
dism /image:d:\update\mount /add-driver:d:\update\usb3 /recurse
- To save all these changes you have to run one last command
dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:d:\update\mount /commit
After these steps you just have to burn a new dvd with the files from the directory d:\update\src and make sure the dvd is bootable.
If you want to add drivers ie Audio, Network etc to your dvd you just have to update the install.wim instead of boot.wim.
Here is a bat file that you could use to simplify things, just copy the text below.
set /p SrcPath="Where is the source file? ie c:\src\sources\boot.vim : "
set /p DestPath="Where is the mount dir? c:\mount : "
dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:%SrcPath%
set /p ImageID="What id do you want to use? : "
dism /mount-wim /wimfile:%SrcPath% /index:%ImageID% /mountdir:%DestPath%
set /p Drivers="Where is the drivers that you want to inject? : "
dism /image:%DestPath% /add-driver:%Drivers% /recurse
dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:%DestPath% /commit
echo Injection of drivers completed.